Pasta and Cauliflower
- Ready In:
- Boil cut up pieces of cauliflower in 6 quarts of water until tender.
- Saute long green onions, garlic and about a half a cup of bread crumbs in one stick of butter for about 5 minutes or until breadcrumbs are slightly brown.
- With a slotted spoon remove cauliflower and add to the breadcrumb mixture.
- Stir adding remaining butter and bread crumbs.
- Cook the pasta in the cauliflower water until done. Around 10 minutes.
- Add around a cup of cauliflower water to the breadcrumb mixture to moisten.
- Mix the mostaccioli and cauliflower together .
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and you ready to serve.
- Not a good time to diet if you make this dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is an excellent dish! I did use Penne Pasta. I used dry bread chunks and crushed them and minced jarred garlic. With the parmesan cheese I used some grated pepper jack. Next day: I took the leftovers and browned some hamburger,added mushrooms and stewed tomatoes and presto, another wonderful dish, so not only is this recipe great but also the start of another main dish meal. Thanks for posting
This is verrry similarto the recipe my dad makes, that his dad made, and so forth. We're full-blown Italian, and this recipe just warms my heart. :) I tried this one, just to see the difference between yours and my family's, and there isn't much of one! It's just as delicious as the one I've grown up with, thanks for sharing. :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> <img src="http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy17/ZaarBrenda/Adopted.jpg" alt="" width="205" height="170" /><img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg" alt="" width="217" height="103" /><img src="http://img.recipezaar.com/img/library/founding_banner.gif" alt="" /><br /><br /><span style="color: #0000ff;"><strong><em>I'm a mother to three beautiful children: one boy and two girls. We have the cutest little grand children. He's a real charmer and a handful! And she's an absolute prescious little princess. No wonder grandparents love them so! I have a great husband who likes to help me cook and clean. <img title="Wink" src="/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif" border="0" alt="Wink" /> We love to garden and have a huge herb and vegetable garden every year. Wondering what to do with all the eggplant, tomatoes, and zucchini is what led me to Zaar. My husband and I have a wonderful time cooking together, whether in the kitchen or on our deck. We love to eat and try new food. We just cook and eat it all! <img title="Kiss" src="/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-kiss.gif" border="0" alt="Kiss" /> I love any holiday when my family can come home to visit. For the holidays, we always cook the traditional fare, but add new twists by adding a few new recipes into the menus. It's always interesting to see what they think! I also love cooking for our office parties. You always know it's a hit when they ask for the recipe. <img title="Wink" src="/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-wink.gif" border="0" alt="Wink" /></em></strong></span></p>