- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- In a small bowl combine the matzo meal, salt and sugar.
- In a medium saucepan bring the water and oil to a boil; add in the matzo meal mixture, mix to combine with a wooden spoon.
- Beat in eggs vigorously with wooden spoon.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using oiled hands shape into 12 oval balls, then place on a well-greased baking sheet.
- Bake 400 degrees for about 50 minutes or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A little sweeter than I remember Grandma's being. I'd cut the sugar in half. I also used melted schmaltz (rendered chicken fat), and only 1/4 cup. The eggs should be tempered (add the hot stuff a little at a time to raise the temperature slowly) to prevent formation of curds of scrambled egg in the rolls. Thanks for the memory, Kittencal.
I made these rolls instead of the other passover roll recipes because I've always liked the recipes posted by kittencal. These were pretty good to be leavenfree. I did add more sugar and a dallop of honey to the batter. I let it sit for 2 hours and brushed them with honey butter when the came out the oven. Yummy!