Parmesan Chicken and Broccoli
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 cup uncle ben converted rice
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 3⁄4 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut up into pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2⁄3 cup diced ham
- Prepare rice according to package directions; remove from heat and stir in half of the green onions; set aside and keep warm.
- In a large fry-pan, heat the oil; saute chicken strips, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper until chicken is cooked and no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from pan and reserve drippings.
- Saute remaining onion in drippings until tender; add more oil if necessary.
- Stir in cornstarch; add milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce heat; add cream cheese; stir until smooth.
- Remove sauce from heat; return chicken strips to pan; add broccoli, Parmesan cheese, and ham.
- Stir and cook until heated through and cheese is melted.
- On individual serving plates, spoon rice mixture onto plate and then top with chicken-broccoli mixture.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION