photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk, any kind, I always use 1%
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, about
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Beat eggs and milk together.
- Add flour.
- Melt 1 pad of butter in each muffin tin.
- DO NOT BURN BUTTER!
- Pour batter into muffin tin, about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- For a sweet pannekoeken, spoon powdered sugar onto pannekoeken.
- *For extra crispiness, I put the cooked panekoekens in the broiler for 2-3 minutes*.
These are wonderful, as easy as promised, so pretty to look at and taste great. The taste is a little like a pancake in a muffin shape. I did just a couple of changes, doubled the recipe as we have company and knew they'd want plenty. Added a teaspoon of vanilla and to half of them dropped in a few chocolate chips for those that like them. They are so easy that my 6 year old DGD did most of the work and even served them up - she was so proud. One thing I would say is that I needed to fill the tins at least 3/4 full to get them to rise - the ones that didn't have as much didn't pop up over the tins as well. These are something I'll be using often whenever I want something easy AND impressive.