Chicken Broccoli Cheddar Popovers
photo by MomAnd20minuteChef
- Ready In:
- 1 cup chicken (cubed)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup mild shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon melted butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup skim milk or 1 cup low-fat milk
- nonstick cooking spray
- Heat olive oil and minced garlic in medium skillet. (Medium heat).
- Once garlic is slightly browned, add chicken. Season to flavor, and cover.Continue to keep an eye on the chicken, stirring occasionally. Cut off the heat and leave covered once juice runs clear.
- While chicken is browning. in a dry mixing bowl, mix together flour and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together milk, eggs, and melted butter.
- Carefully mix the wet mixture into the flour mixture. Blend well.
- Mix in the minced broccoli and cheddar cheese.
- In 2 (6) muffin pans, spray well with non-stick spray (or grease, but do not flour).
- Put around 4-5 cubes of chicken in the bottom of each tin.
- Fill each tin a little more than halfway with batter.
- Place tins in a cool oven. Heat to 400* and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops are a light, golden brown.
- Once done, carefully "pop" the popovers out onto a serving dish or other plate. (I used a small spoon).
- Serve with white or chicken flavored rice.
- Bon apetit!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!