Pancakes (With Sweet Potato)
Created by Jessica Seinfeld From the book "Deceptively Delicious" Sweet potato puree both sweetens and boosts the nutrition of this simple, quick breakfast.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sweet potato puree
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, spice (optional) or 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- 1 cup pancake mix
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, for skillet
- pure maple syrup, for serving
- In a large bowl, mix the water, sweet potato puree, and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, if using.
- Add the pancake mix and stir just to combine—the batter should be lumpy.
- Coat a griddle or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set it over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the oil, and spoon the batter onto the griddle or pan, using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on top of the pancakes and the batter is set (2-3 minutes).
- Then use a spatula to flip the pancakes and cook them until golden brown on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more