Pampered Chef's Pie Crust
- Ready In:
2 deep dish pie crusts
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable shortening
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 5 -7 tablespoons ice cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt, mixing well.
- Cut in the shortening and butter until the crumbles are the pea size.
- Sprinkle 1 tbps water over the flour mixture and gently mix with a fork. Continue adding tablespoons of water until moist enough to form a ball-do not over work the dough or it will get tough.
- Form the dough into 2 balls and flatten to 1/2" thickness. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I enjoy cooking, especially baking. I am married, no children though I have a dog Chance, whose internal clock must be Swiss-made as he knows what time dinner should be and is quite the taskmaster if I'm not at least in the kitchen at the appointed time. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">