Oysters With Horseradish Cream
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
My husband and dad love to cook oysters on the grill. This recipe is one of their favorites. Steven Raichlen
- Ready In:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon grated plain horseradish, drained if bottled (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 dozen oysters, in the shell scrubbed
- Beat the cream to soft peaks in a chilled bowl; then fold in the horseradish, chives, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Taste for seasoning, adding horseradish and lemon juice as necessary; the mixture should be highly seasoned.
- If you have a fish or vegetable grate, preheat it on the grill grate (medium-high) for 5 minutes, then arrange the oysters on it, rounded side down—otherwise, arrange the oysters directly on the grill grate; grill 6-10 minutes, until the shells open.
- Transfer the oysters to serving plates or a platter, discarding any top shells or oysters that did not open.
- Place a spoonful of horseradish cream on each oyster and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION