Oven-Fried Zucchini Sticks
I love these.
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese or 2 tablespoons asiago cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg (might need 2)
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce or 1 cup ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Place bread crumbs, cheeses, garlic powder, oregano, basil, parsley in ziploc bag; shake well to combine.
- Set aside.
- Cut each zucchini lengthwise into 8 pieces; cut each piece in half horizontally.
- Beat egg and milk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip each piece of zucchini in egg mixture then bread crumb mixture.
- Repeat until all of the sticks are coated; place them on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until brown and tender.
- Serve with warm spaghetti sauce or ranch dressing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
They were very good except lacking salt I will add that next time. I found when dredging them in crumb mixture the mixture was clumping up and beginning to get mushy and not sticking real good. I couldn’t get an even coating on them. Perhaps I was over zealous in trying to do too many at once. But that didn’t stop me from eating them very tasty.