Oven Baked Bacon and Potatoes
photo by rosie316
- Ready In:
- 2 large baking potatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices bacon, thick sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray, toss potatoes with salt and pepper. Arrange bacon around edges of baking sheet.
- Bake until potatoes are tender and bacon is thoroughly cooked, about 30 minutes. After the first 15 minutes of cooking time, flip bacon using tongs and stir potatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made these last night to serve with my home-made Rouladin (I normally serve mashed potatoes, but decided to try this). I'm so glad I did! It went along perfectly with the dinner. The only thing I did differently was I had to put the sheet pan on the grill (our gas stove/oven isn't working). I started them on high, then lowered to medium and gave it all a good tossing. (I believe they cooked for about 25-30 minutes). I did chop the bacon (into lardons) at the half way point when I tossed everything, and mixed the pieces in with the potatoes. (I'm thinking this way of making potatoes and bacon pieces would be great to use in a warm potato salad! I think I may try that someday). This recipe would make a great side for almost any meal that you would serve potatoes with. Thank you for posting this recipe. (Made for New Kids tag game)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, in California. I am now a stay at home mom after trying desperately for 9 years. With the love and generosity of my sister-in-law who acted as our surrogate we now have a beautiful little boy, Ian. I love to camp and go jet skiing with my husband and our families. We have a wonderful chihuahua named Swiffy! She is always making us laugh. We enjoy spending time with our many nieces and nephews. I am an avid reader and I'm addicted to reality television!</p>