Oriental Beef Strips
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 15mins
- 1 lb thinly sliced round steak
- 1 large onion, cut in chunks (optional)
- 6 -8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 package brown gravy mix
- Cut round steak into one inch strips.
- Put strips in crockpot.
- Over this add onions, garlic powder and soy sauce.
- Mix water with gravy and pour over meat mixture.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Can be served over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
First...I think the nutritional facts might be too low (even before calculating the gravy). Second, I made these like Amy (in the saucepan) and except for my own stupid idea of "salting before tasting" it would have been really tasty. DON'T SEASON UNTIL IT'S DONE AND YOU'VE TASTED IT. My hubby was working late so I made this in two batches (luckily). Mine was WAY too salty of course...but by the time I made my his it came out really good! (Figures.) I also failed to purchase the 'low-sodium' version of soy sauce so that probably would have made a world of difference. One more thing...I made mine over rice and his over mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes wins! Thanks Shelli!