Orange-Pineapple Ginger Chicken
I love the taste of chicken with pineapple. This is a quick supper and quite light too! Cooking time includes the time to marinate the chicken.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (or chicken bouillon)
- 1⁄3 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- orange slice (optional)
- Cut chicken into bite-size strips.
- In a medium bowl, stir together chicken, 2 tablespoons soy sauce and sherry (or chicken bouillon). Cover and chill for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together the orange juice concentrate, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, water, cornstarch and sugar. Set aside.
- Add cooking oil to a wok or large skillet. Preheat over medium-high heat (add more oil if necessary during cooking). Stir-fry ginger in hot oil for 15 seconds. Add pepper strips; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove pepper strips from wok.
- Add half of the chicken mixture to wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Remove chicken from wok. Repeat with the remaining chicken mixture. Return all of the chicken to wok. Push chicken from center of wok.
- Stir sauce; add to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return pepper strips to wok. Add pineapple. Stir all ingredients together to coat. Cook and stir about 1 minute more or until mixture is heated through.
- Serve immediately with hot rice. If desired, garnish with orange slices and rosemary.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
What a nice way to fix an easy chicken dinner! My chicken actually marinated for almost 1 1/2 hours before I got to it, but that was fine! After that preparation took no time at all, & the finished dish was devoured in even less time yet! It's sauces like this [along with the pineapple] that I really enjoy over brown rice! Thanks for such a great recipe!
This was a delicious easy and flavorful stir-fry which combined many of my favorite flavors and ingredients. I liked the orange-pinapple combination and thought the peppers went together quite nicely. That said, I felt that as a whole this dish was a little too sweet. For me, the ginger was washed out by the orange juice concentrate. I think I would increase it more to provide a little more contrast with the sweetness of the juice. Perhaps some crushed red pepper might have also accomplished the same effect. Either way it was quick, easy and tasty. A recipe I would certainly make again. Thanks Redsie.