One Bowl Blueberry Cupcakes
photo by Chef Gorete
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain unsweetened yogurt or 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries, fresh or 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 6 tablespoons turbinado sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F and line 2 large muffin tins with cupcake paper liners.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter, sugar, lemon zest, yogurt and eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in the baking powder, baking soda, and salt until fully combined, then lightly fold in the flour and blueberries.
- Batter will be thick. Using a large icecream scoop, divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups.
- If you like a crunchy top, sprinkle each cupcake with 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar prior to baking.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until tops are golden and a tester inserted into the centre comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool on a rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in the Azores in Portugal, but have lived in Canada for the majority of my life. Baking is my passion, so I'm always looking for some easy and great tasting recipes....this site is perfect for it.