MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is another recipe from the Anne of Green Gables cookbook. Please note that prep and cooking times may not be accurate as it has been awhile since I made it.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemon juice
- 28 ice cubes
- 10 1⁄2 cups water
- 14 lemon slices
- 14 mint leaves, fresh (optional)
- Add sugar, water, and lemon peel to saucepan. While stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, bring mixture to boil for 5 minutes. remove saucepan from stove and let cool. Squeeze 1 1/2 cups lemon juice and add to the cooled sugar and water mixture.
- Pour lemonade syrup into a jar and cover with lid. Syrup can be kept in refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
- If making the entire amount at once, in a pitcher combine the 10 1/2 cups water with all the lemonade syrup over the ice cubes and stir.
- Place lemon slices as well.
- **To make individual glasses**.
- Place two ice cubes in bottom of glass. Pour 1/4 cup of lemonade syrup over ice cubes. Add 3/4 cup of cold water and stir. Place lemon slice on top and fresh mint if desired.
- **For pink lemonade add 1.2 grenadine syrup to jar and shake**.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I might have changed the entire thing when I left out both the lemon slices AND the mint, but since I'm not terribly fond of mint anyway, I didn't think it any great loss! Other than that, though, I did make the lemonade as given here & was very happy with the result! Loved the addition of zest to the drink & look forward to making it again & again during the warm summer months! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook Tag]Reply