Okinawa Pork Ears in Sesame Sauce (Mimigar Gomaae)
photo by Pearl Ishizaki
- Ready In:
- Bring water in a pot to a boil then boil the pork ear for about a minute. Take the pork ears from the boiling water then set aside and use a strainer to drain.
- Grind the toasted sesame seeds with a mortar and pestle. For some texture, you can leave some sesame seeds unground.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground sesame seeds, sugar, soy sauce and vinegar then mix well.
- In a larger bowl, combine the drained pork ears and the sesame sauce. Mix well until the ingredients are well combined.
- Put on a serving plate then top with some more toasted sesame seeds before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!