- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 2 cups dried pinto beans, rinsed and de-rocked
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- 1 -2 portions smoked pork shanks (by Cooks if you can)
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Put beans, onions, shank in a 3 quart dutch oven.
- Add water. More or less to taste.
- Add salt and hot sauce.
- Cover and place in a preheated 250 oven for 8 hours.
- Check after 4 hours and add water if needed.
- When ready to serve, take out ham shanks and remove bones.
- Shred meat with 2 forks and add back to beans.
- Serve with cornbread or homemade biscuits and fried taters.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!