O'Henry Rice Krispie Bars
photo by Marsha D.
- Ready In:
- Bring syrup and sugar to just shy of a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter.
- Stir until well blended.
- Pour over rice crispies and mix well.
- Pat into a 9x13 inch pan.
- Frost with melted chocolate and caramel chips that have been mixed together.
- Cool and cut.
- Tips: Put the rice crispies in a large pan (a canner?) that you have greased before adding the peanut butter mixture.
- Also put some butter on your fingers before patting the mixture into the cake pan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great recipe. I can understand why these are a staple at Christmas time. So quick and easy, but yet very yummy. This will go on my Christmas list also. The only thing I did different was to frost with the chocolate and sprinkle Heath Bit o Brickle Bits on top instead of Caramel flavored bits. I just used what I had on hand.
Oh!! these were great! I couldn't stop eating them. I only made half of the recipe since its just DH and I here. He loves sweets! and this hit the spot. Only change I made was I used chunky peanut butter cause thats all I had on hand. Very easy to make and one that I know I will make many of times. Thanks for sharing this great treat!!
I pulled this recipe out of my Christmas folder and realized I had not reviewed the recipe last year. I had " excellent" written on the page. I made the recipe again and again realized how wonderful, tasty and easy it is. I sprayed the large bowl with Pam before adding the peanut butter mixture. Great Tip, thank-you. I also did lightly butter the 9x13 pan. For the carmel-flavored bits I used the Skor toffee pieces. Thank-you for this wonderful recipe.