- Ready In:
36 1 inch squares
- Spray a 9 by 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a large pan over medium high heat mix the sugar and syrup. Bring to a boil then remove from the heat.
- Add the peanut butter and stir to combine. Add the cereal and stir well.
- Pat the mixture into the pan and let it sit until cool to room temperature.
- Melt the two types of chips together. Cool a bit and then spread over the top of the cereal mix.
- Cool in the fridge until set. Then set out at room temperature so they are easier to cut. Store in an airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Jen....I only made 1/2 the recipe cause I wasnt sure how the kids would react to eating "Mom's" Special K in what they still referred to as 'Scotcharoos' BUT they ate them down so much as I didnt even have a chance to get the camera out! They do have the same ingredients as the scotcharoos except instead of the rice krispies the special K gives them a kind of nuttier crumchier taste that was a great change of pace, esp with the extra peanut butter. Thanks for a great variation on an old favorite that next time will be made in a FULL batch!!!