Oh so Simple Raspberry Cake
photo by DuChick
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package white cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 3 ounces raspberry gelatin powder
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) container commercial cream cheese frosting (I use Pillsbury)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, gelatin, and thawed raspberries; mix 3 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Spread batter in a greased and floured 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 325° oven for about 50 minutes or until a pick comes out clean; cool.
- Frost cooled cake, cut into squares and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe needs help! it has no liquid. The raspberries they used were sweetened with sugar which I didn't find. That would have given the liquid. I used whole frozen raspberries. I took some of the previous suggestions. Use: 1 cake mix, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, 1&1/2 oz. gelatin powder (1/2of 3 oz. pkg.), 10 ounces frozen raspberries and 1/2 cup whole milk. Mix as directed. Bake 350 for 20-25 minutes
A definite keeper! I made this cake twice...once for my mom's 88th birthday and the next week for my son's 22nd (his request!). The second time I cut the oil back to 1/2 cup and only used 1/2 the amount of sugar-free jello. This seemed to make the cake less dense and more fluffy. I used a double batch of Recipe #6536 to frost the double layer cake. So different, and soooo yummy! MERP'd for My 3 Chefs 09.