Oatmeal Cookies for One or Two
I created this out of a desire to have a healthier cookie, but not have a huge batch of cookies sitting around staring at me or calling my name!
- Ready In:
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 cup oats, quick cooking
- With a fork, whip together egg, butter, brown sugar, and vanilla. It will look lumpy. Don't worry about it! Just get the major lumps out. Stir in baking soda and flour. Stir in oats.
- Drop by scant tablespoonful onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Press to desired thickness. Bake at 350° for approximately 10 - 11 minutes. (Time depends on thickness).
- OPTIONAL ADD-IN IDEAS: 2 T mini chocolate chips; 2 T raisins; 2 T dried cranberries; 2 T finely chopped nuts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Hi, I know what you mean about having lot's of cookies looking at you, that is what made me look twice at this recipe. If my grandkids are not coming over I don't want too many as I would just eat them all myself, so this was perfect and it is a good recipe as well. I just did them without the add ins but next time I will add a bit of something to them, on there own they are not too sweet a cookie which is fine for me nice to have with milk before bedtime. Made For My Three Chef's Nov 09Reply