photo by SharonChen
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- Combine heavy cream and coffee granules in a small mixing bowl.
- Stir until dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Add Nutella.
- Beat with electric mixer on medium for 1 minute.
- Scrape sides and bottom of bowl, and continue beating for about 1 minute until very soft peaks form.
- (Note: Mousse mixture is very soft/loose at this point, but will firm up when chilled.) Divide evenly into individual serving dishes, and chill at least 4 hours.
- If desired, top with whipped cream just before serving.
- (Weight Watchers: 10 pts).
This is AWESOME!! I could easily eat it all by myself, and I only wish I could give this one more stars!! This is incredibly easy, and tastes gourmet. I made this twice and found that I liked the texture a bit better when I beat it to stiffer peaks versus soft peaks. I actually turned this one into a trifle, alternating layers of chocolate cake, nutella mouse, and whipped cream. I then topped it with shaved chocolate. The trifle will now be my go-to passing dessert for parties. Thanks so much!!!
Served this mousse on top of crumbled up pecan brownies in mini plastic martini glasses. I put the mousse in a pastry bag and piped it on top of the crumbled brownie. It was the hit of the party. Everyone was raving about it, and it was so easy to make (I will mention that the hazelnut flavor was lost a little bit when combined with the brownie, but the texture combination was amazing). I will be serving this again for sure.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a wife and mom of 2 vibrant little boys. They love to create and cook in the kitchen... I love their curiosity and willingness to try new foods and techniques as I introduce them. I love to cook... always have. Thanks to my father for this culinary passion! While I am addicted to collecting cookbooks, my dad taught me to experiment in the kitchen and gave me the gift of knowing that creative cooking doesn't have to come from a book.