Noodle and Seafood Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Pasta by Katharine Blakemore Light and Healthy
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 6 ounces thin spaghetti
- salt and pepper, for taste
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup crabmeat (can use fresh, canned or frozen)
- 1 cup shrimp, peeled
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup fish stock
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Cook the noodles in boiling salted water for 5 minutes, add the peas and onion to the pan and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Drain then put into a large bowl. Add the crab, shrimp and water chestnuts.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, tomato juice and stock, pour into the bowl, season to taste and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to an oven proof casserole.
- Mix together the cheese and almonds, sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Cook in a preheated oven 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes until topping is crisp and browned.
- *** if preparing this casserole in advance let the noodles stand until cold before adding the fish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION