No Fail Brownies
photo by Berdie
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except nuts.
- Stir fifty strokes with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in walnuts and pour into greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out with moist crumbs on it.
- Do not overbake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Incredibly quick, easy, and inexpensive. I need recipes with these qualities when I have to send cookies to a school event, or bring a dessert to a shared meal on a moment's notice, so I'll make them again. And there'll be someone in every crowd who loves them. But they aren't what I like in a dessert. Over-the-top sweet (my son took one bite and refused to eat more). And for myself, if I'm going to take in dessert calories, I want all the goodness of butter.
see 11 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in Newfoundland, Canada. I grew up watching my grandmother bake bread and knit. <br>I now live in a friendly little town on the coast of North Carolina. I love to bake, especially bread and desserts. I also love to knit, especially socks, just like my grandmother. I am the co-owner of a yarn shop in our little town. When I'm not working in the shop I am usually at home in the kitchen!