No-Bake Pumpkin Tarts
photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 12 marshmallows
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin or 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 12 tart shells, baked
- Mix all ingredients (except for tart shells) in a pot.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring regularly until it comes to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Pour into baked tart shells or pie crust.
- Allow to cool. Filling will set as it cools.
- Top with whipped cream or Cool Whip if you wish and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Such an easy recipe to make and I really loved not having to bake them, as I already had cupcakes going in both ovens. I had every intention of making my usual tart crust recipe, but ended up using mini phyllo cups from the freezer instead. The filling flavor is different with the addition of marshmallows. It's fluffier than a traditional pumpkin pie, almost like my mother's pumpkin chiffon pie texture, and it sets up easily, but I'm not sure how much I like the texture afforded by the cornstarch. That's just personal preference (or prejudice) against anything gelatin-like though, and did not factor into my rating because it didn't bother anyone else. I had 24 phyllo cups that are the same size as my MINI tart pan, and I only used half the filling. It wasn't until referring back to the recipe that I realized it was for regular sized tart shells! LOL I think this made great minis though, and next time I'll either make double the tart shells or half the filling. Thanks so much for sharing, pastawendy! You've been adopted during Pick-A-Chef Fall 2012.