Nicole Kidman's Crispy Orecchiette With Broccoli, Pine Nuts &
- Ready In:
- 1 lb orecchiette
- 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese
- cook pasta according to package directions, rinse & drain.
- in a 12 inch skillet heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until skillet is hot, add half the cooked pasta and cook until medium brown on the outside-about 3 minutes. Stir pasta, then cook until browned on the other side. With slotted spoom return pasta to saucepot.
- Repeat with the remaining pasta and 3 more tablespoons of oil. Cover saucepot to keep warm.
- In the same skillet heat remaining 1 tablespoon of oil on medium. Add broccoli & garlic and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add wine, lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and cook until broccoli is tender crisp about 3 minutes longer.
- Add broccoli mixture, vinegar, butter & pine nuts to pasta in saucepot and toss on medium heat until butter melts.
- Add half of the parmesan cheese and toss to combine.
- Spoon into 4 warm bowls.
- Serve with additional pepper and remaining parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!