New Zealand Mince Stew
The original of this recipe was found online & is posted here for use during the Zaar World Tour 5! It has been tweaked some to make 4 servings.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, rounded
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, then add onions & saute until browned, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from pot & set aside.
- Add ground beef to the pot & cook until evenly brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic & cook for 2 minutes, then stir in browned onions & cook on high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of water, then reduce heat & cover, simmering for 20 minutes.
- Stir in ketchup, beef stock & teriyaki sauce. Season with pepper, curry powder, garlic powder & onion powder.
- Cover & simmer for about 2 hours.
- Mix together 1 tablespoon of flour & 1/4 cup of water, then stir it into the stew & cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Very tasty served with toasted whole wheat bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION