New Orleans Chili Con Carne With Beans
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a quick and easy chili, using items commonly found in the pantry. This is a favorite standby in our family when we want something filling, but don't have alot of time for cooking.
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (14 1/2 ounces)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (8 ounce)
- 1 lb kielbasa (I use lowfat turkey blend)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- Chop sausage into bite size pieces.
- In a large skillet, brown meat and add chopped vegetables.
- Sautee until tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and heat an additional 10 minutes or until heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
We started the first day of autumn with this easy and delicious chili. I used a mix of breakfast and redwine sausages.The recipe didn't mention this, but some additional seasoning is necessarily. My mother couldn't believe it toke me less than an hour to cook up the dish! This is a good recipe to keep close at hand.