Nepalese Chicken Curry - the Best
photo by JoyfulCook
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 8 -9 chicken thighs, with skin removed
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 4 -5 garlic cloves
- 2 tomatoes, medium chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 3 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick, very small
- 3 cardamom pods, green
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup coriander, chopped to garnish
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add the cumin seeds stirring for just 15 seconds or there about. Add onions and fry until they are soft.
- Add the chicken and salt to taste and cook/fry until they become well sealed or slightly brown. add the garlic, ginger, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and the bay leaf and stir for a few minutes on medium heat.
- Add Turmeric, chilli, cumin and coriander powders and mix well with the chicken and cook for a further 3-5 minutes stirring.
- Add the tomatoes and stir, lower the heat and simmer with lid just slightly tilted for about 20 minutes - do not be tempted to add water as it will make its own juice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We now reside back in England after returning from Australia after most of our working life there. I have been fortunate enough to have lived in many countries when I was younger and therefore many of my recipes reflect this! Love to cook. love to travel too