Nana Strawberry Smoothie
- Ready In:
- 1 banana, cut up
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, defrosted
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 -2 tablespoon turbinado sugar, to taste (sugar in the raw)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place in blender 1/4 cup of water.
- Add banana, strawberries, sugar, and vanilla.
- Blend until pureed.
- Add ice and blend until well blended, check to see if ice is well incorporoated.
- Pour into a glass and ENJOY!
Join The Conversation
I have made this twice. Once with strawberries, once with raspberries, and each time with just one teaspoon of sugar (I don’t have a sweet tooth), and both times with orange juice rather than water. I included the vanilla both times. The second time I added ¼ cup of sunflower seeds. I like to add wheat germ or sunflower seeds or some other seeds (and sometimes both) to my smoothies, just to pack in some extra nutrition. I usually make my smoothies with yoghurt, but this was a nice variation. Really yummy. Thanks for sharing.