Mushroom Pate (EASY)
photo by mickeydownunder
- Ready In:
- 15 g dried porcini mushrooms, mushrooms*
- 15 g dried shiitake mushrooms, mushrooms*
- 470 g mushrooms (I used portabello with 4 large caps mushrooms)
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 120 g feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh curly-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cracker, to serve
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Add dried and fresh mushrooms and cook for 8 – 10 minutes. Add port, toss to coat and set aside.
- In a food processor, add mushroom mixture and blend until finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in feta cheese and pulse until smooth, adding water is required. (I used 3 tablespoons).
- Stir through parsley. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- * NOTE: No need to pre-soak the dried mushrooms.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>G'day! I'm 51, married, born and bred in NY, am now an Aussie who calls Australia home! I love animals, nature, reading, entering competitions and consider myself S-P-O-N-T-A-N-E-O-U-S and B-U-B-B-L-Y in my personality! I am quite FASCINATED with people and things U-N-I-Q-U-E, JUST like ME! I am VERY P-A-S-S-I-O-N-A-T-E about cooking and trying recipes from all world cusines! I LOVE to eat and enjoy our South Australian red wine! :)I have started a Home Cook blog which I am EXTREMELY P-A-S-S-I-O-N-A-T-E about called What's On The List? and I hope to be able to inspire people around the world one recipe and one event at a time too! http://whatsonthelist.net So come on over and please let me know what you think too!WHOO HOO WHOO HOO!</p>