This recipe comes from "Recipes from the Farm" brochure I picked up at Whole Foods Market. The recipe was given by Organic Mechanics Farm in Red Lion, Pennsylvania. I havent tried it looks different than most bruschettas and worth a try.
- Ready In:
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 2 vidalia onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 ounces oyster mushrooms
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers (premade or homemade)
- 2 ounces red wine
- 2 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, reggiano grated
- fine sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- basil (optional) or oregano (optional)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- slice bread on bias into 1 inch slices.
- brush with olive oil.
- sprinkle with basil or oregeno if using.
- bake for 7 minutes or until golden.
- . in a large saute pan, saute onions in oil until caramelized; about 20 minute.
- add garlic and saute until translucent.
- add mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- finish with roasted red peppers, red wine, tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- spoon mixture onto bread and garnish with parmesean cheese.