Portabella Mushroom Bruschetta
This is a Bruschetta with a change of pace from the everyday.It really is worth making. You can prepare the mushrooms and tomato relish ahead of time and reheat the mushrooms just before serving.
- Ready In:
- 6 slices crusty whole wheat bread
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 portabella mushroom caps, wiped clean
- 2 shallots, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Toast bread in 350°F oven until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Rub lightly with garlic clove while still warm.
- Coarsely chop the mushrooms .
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and cook mushrooms until softened, then add shallots and garlic stirring, until all liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove skillet from heat. Keep mushrooms warm, covered.
- This can be made ahead,refrigerated and reheated at serving time.
- Quarter tomatoes; combine with red onion, basil, vinegar, olive oil. Season, to taste, and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Top toasted bread with Sauteed mushrooms, tomato relish, shaved parmesan. Garnish with basil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation