Chicken Spinach Ricotta and Hazelnut Balls
photo by Frenchfoodle
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Steam the chicken breast for 30 minutes.
- Remove the middle stem of the spinach, wash and drain.
- Reserve 20 nice looking spinach leaves ( or more if you have small leaves, better than having to go back to the shop like me!) Cook them 30 seconds, 3 or 4 at the time (to avoid them getting damaged) and dress them flat on a plate.
- Cook the rest of spinach in a little water with a lid for 4/5 minutes or until cooked.
- Drain the spinach and chop with a knife.
- Separate the chicken with your hands as much as you can and finish by cutting with a knife.
- Crush the hazelnut in a pestle and mortar.
- Tear the tarragon leaves in pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients above with the ricotta and form balls in any size you like! Small for snacks or starter or bigger for a meal.
- Envelop each ball delicately in a spinach leaf.
- This dish can be prepared in advance as you just need to steam the chicken balls for 3 minutes. Finish with a few sesame seeds on the top.
- I serve this dish with rice.
- The possibilities are endless, you can even use blue cheese mixed with a little ricotta, if you like.
- Bon Appetit!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!