Mushroom and Ricotta Pizza
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is based on a recipe I found in Fitness Magazine, June 2011. I made it tonight with a few modifications (detailed in recipe) and it was very tasty! We will be making this again. Didn't even miss the meat!
- Ready In:
- 1 whole wheat pizza dough (I use Trader Joe's)
- 2 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or more, to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano (I used fresh) or 1 teaspoon fresh oregano (I used fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese (or more, your preference)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare pizza dough–roll out on lightly floured surface and place on lightly oiled pizza pan.
- Toss the mushrooms with the 1 TBL of olive oil. Top pizza dough with the mushrooms, garlic and oregano.
- Drop dollops of ricotta, drizzle with olive oil, Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Top with fresh basil leaves. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over basil leaves.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is done and cheese is melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION