MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A good soup for a rainy day! Warms you straight down to the middle, especially with all the spice. :) Adapted from the Better Homes and Gardens "New Cook Book"
- Ready In:
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 16 ounces chicken, cooked and cut into cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Chop and cook chicken in a skillet, or dutch oven.
- Combine broth, chicken, tomato sauce, apple, onion, carrot, celery, red bell pepper, parsley, lemon juice, curry powder, sugar, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a large saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Cover with lid and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION