Mrs. Harland Sanders' Refrigerator Rolls
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 ounce cake yeast
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- Cream the shortening and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
- Add mashed potatoes and cream some more.
- Heat the milk to lukewarm, dissolve one .25 ounce packet cake yeast in it.
- Pour warmed milk/yeast mixture into the shortening, sugar and potatoes.
- Add enough flour (approximately 1 cup) to make like cake dough.
- Stir in the salt.
- Let rise 2 hours.
- Stir in remaining flour, baking soda and baking powder to make a biscuit dough.
- Knead dough some.
- Refrigerate dough for 1/2 hour, then shape into rolls.
- Let rolls rise double their size.
- Bake at 450 F degrees for 12-14 minutes.
- Serve hot with my "Kentucky Whipped Butter".
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!