Mozzarella Filled Steak Rolls
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A delicious, stress-free way to cook steak for a crowd.
- Ready In:
- 12 minute steaks, about 3oz each, thinly cut (or 6 small sirloin steaks, about 5oz each)
- salt and pepper
- 2 ounces basil, leaves only
- 10 ounces mozzarella cheese, torn
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 10 ounces roasted red peppers packed in oil, plus 1 tbsp of their oil
- 2 ounces olives (black or green)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat oven to 450°F
- Season steaks, place a few basil leaves on each and split the mozzarella between them.
- Bring the sides of the steaks together to make an open parcel, securing the edges with a toothpick. If making up to a day ahead, cover and chill.
- Heat a heavy-based roasting tin on a high heat, add the oil and brown the beef on all sides - this should take about 1 min in total and the meat will still be rare in the middle.
- Add the peppers, their oil and the olives to the tin, pour over the vinegar, then roast for 2-3 mins for medium rare, longer for well done.
- Cover with foil and leave to rest for up to 5 minutes Scatter over remaining basil before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION