Moros Y Cristianos
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups white onions, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 4 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups long-grain white rice
- Use a large, eight-quart covered stockpot. Heat the olive oil over low-medium heat, then add the onion and garlic pepper and keep stirring them until they are tender. Add garlic and fry another minute or two. Add the tomato paste, black beans, oregano, cumin, bay leaf and vinegar. Cook for about five minutes, stirring gently.
- Add the chicken stock and rinsed rice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook about 20 to 30 minutes, or until rice is fully cooked.
- Finally, add salt and pepper until it tastes just right. Remove the bay leaf, serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a Spanish teacher and my favorite thing to cook is a slow baked Lima bean casserole with herbs de provence. I also love cooking dairy-free with cashew cream.