Moroccan Pound Cake
photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream margarine and sugar until light.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each.
- Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk, beating until smooth.
- Add vanilla, raisins and nuts. Pour 3/4 of batter into a 10-inch tube pan lined on bottom with waxed paper.
- Mix remaining batter with cocoa and cinnamon and spoon onto batter in pan. Run a knife through batter to marbleize.
- Bake at 350° about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let stand in pan 5 minutes, then turn out on rack; peel off paper. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this also in a loaf pan (1/2 recipe) and it turned out wonderfully. I used chopped pecans (my fave), Pamela's gluten-free flour, and grapeseed oil as this was low temp baking I really liked the cocoa-cinnamon flavor. Thanks for posting ~ this is a good cake! Made for ZWT6 ~ NA*ME Region and Queens of Quisine.