Moroccan Chicken and Pasta Bake
- Ready In:
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 10 chicken thighs
- 1 head garlic, broken into cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 lbs orecchiette (or other tiny dried pasta shape)
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 orange, grated zest and juice
- 1 ounce flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Put the cherry tomatoes in a large roasting tin and nestle the chicken thighs and garlic cloves among them. Drizzle over the olive oil, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Scatter the onion slices over the chicken and continue baking for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the chicken stock until steaming hot in a saucepan or microwave.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven and stir in the pasta, cinnamon, cumin, orange zest and juice, and the hot stock. Season lightly again, then return to the oven and bake for a further 15-20 minutes, until the pasta is cooked and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir the chopped parsley through the chicken and serve straight from the roasting tin.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)