Mom's Purple Cabbage Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 head purple cabbage, shredded (knife or food processor)
- 1 head cauliflower, cut up into bitesize
- 1 large bunch broccoli, cut up into bitesize
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 lb bacon, fried and crumbled
- 2 cups Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Fry, drain and crumble the bacon.
- Get out the biggest bowl you have in the house.
- Chop or shred the cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and onion. Mix in the veggies (incl peas) and the bacon. Set salad aside.
- Mix the dressing by combining the mayo, cheese, sugar, S&P.
- Toss the salad with the dressing the night before your event. Shake up the salad once or twice to make sure the dressing mixes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Until recently (Jan 2014) we lived downtown Chicago with my husband and our furry 4 legged baby (she's a westie!). We just uprooted and moved 2080 miles away to southern California for my husbands job. I love to cook and, of course, to eat! Cooking for friends and sharing recipes and tips is my biggest hobby. Cooking for new friends in San Diego will be fun, as soon as I can met them! This site, epicurious and king arthur flour are my favorite online recipe sites. My favorite magazine used to be gourmet.... why-oh-why did they close that magazine down?! Now I enjoy food network magazine and cooking light.</p>