photo by Clever Cooking
- Ready In:
- 12 tablespoons of softened butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, plus additional for rolling
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour (half whole wheat is especially good!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cream together butter and sugars. Add egg, vanilla and molasses and continue beating until incorporated.
- Stir dry ingredients together in a separate bowl; then add to creamed mixture. Mix together. The dough will be soft; add a little extra flour if you like. Watch the video for tips on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM21ykIsqUA.
- Roll the cookie dough into one inch balls. Roll the balls in additional sugar and place on baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for a couple minutes and remove to wire rack to continue cooling.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!