photo by CoffeeB
- Ready In:
- 14 tablespoons butter, melted (I wouldn't substitute margarine for this!)
- 2 cups white sugar, divided
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the melted butter, 1 cup of sugar and the molasses.
- Add egg and stir until well mixed.
- In a separtate bowl, mix the flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add to the butter mixture, stirring until a soft dough is formed.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls, then roll each ball in the remaining sugar.
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews