Molasses Cookies (Lard Recipe)
- Ready In:
- There were no directions given with the recipe other than to bake 10-12 minutes, so these are my best guess.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. You may need to adjust here or there.
- Cream lard, and brown sugar together.
- Mix in 1 egg, molasses, and sour milk.
- Add slowly flour and baking soda.
- Either drop by teaspoons or make little balls.
- Beat second egg in separate bowl and brush over the tops before baking.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Love to cook and come up with new recipe ideas. Always looking for that recipe to save me some money too! Other hobbies of mine include all kinds of crafty things like making jewelry, scrapbooking, sewing, card making, and many others. I live on the East coast in PA, and the local produce always provides tons of inspiration for my creativity. I'm very involved in living an eco-friendly, green lifestyle, and helping others to do so as well. My favorite dish to make is my grandmother's stuffing, and I think I'm pretty famous for it too. Everybody seems to love it. Favorite restaurant has to be Al Dente. It is a unique, family-owned Itallian place here. A rare thing among all the chain restaurants that seem to keep popping up everywhere. Pretty much every recipe I have posted I have made myself for my family and they have to like it for it to get on here. Try them out for yourself!!</p>