Mohawk Corn Soup
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- Dice cabbage,turnip,and onions and set aside.
- Place pork hocks and chicken cubes in 3 quarts of cold water in a 4 quart stock pot and bring to a boil;removing any scum that rises to the top.
- Simmer for 2 hours Remove meat from pot and discard fat and bone.
- Dice meat and return to pot.
- Add cabbage,turnip and onion to pot and let simmer for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Add kidney beans and hominy and simmer for 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
EXCELLENT! I only had hock so threw in 3 chorizo sausages for first boil plus some jalapenos. Chilled overnight to remove excess fat and chopped up meat plus added some frozen italian meatballs with the cabbage, rutabaga and onion. Used 29 oz can hominy and 19 oz can red kidney. The jalapeno and chorizo added a nice bite and the entire family loved this hearty soup. Meegwetch
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm Native American and live on a reserve. I love any thing that has to do with food from recipe collecting to grocery shopping. I'll try just about any food once. Right now I work in a sports store so when I'm not busy I'm always here on the Zaar.I have a lot of cookbooks that I've collected over the years but I don't use them much anymore because I'd rather do recipes here!