Mini German Cheesecakes With Apricot Compote
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
12 mini cheesecakes
- 2 lbs whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 12 round gingerbread cookies, 3 inches in diameter (German Lebkuchen)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1⁄3 - 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper muffin liners.
- Beat together ricotta, sour cream, whipping cream and sugar with a hand mixer. Add the vanilla and orange zest to ricotta mixture then beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Spoon the mixture equally between the 12 liners. Bake 25-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of one of the cakes comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before removing paper liners.
- Meawhile, heat the preserves & apple juice in a small sauce pan. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Invert each cheesecake on a gingerbread cookie, and spread on the warm apricot compote.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Follower of Jesus: I have a strong faith in God & his love for all of us. He is the first & last in my life and it is my desire to tell others of His greatest gift to us...His Son. Explorer: I love to learn about new cultures & try new foods. While in Morocco I learned to appreciate the use of spices. Wife: I'm married to my best friend. Sister: I am the oldest of six children. Mother: My son lives in CA while my daughter lives close to me. Grandmother: My beautiful granddaughter has stolen my heart.