Mini Apple Pies
photo by May I Have That Rec
- Ready In:
20 mini pies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine first 5 ingredients (sugar - salt) and then add the apples and toss.
- Unroll the pie crusts on a floured board and cut 3-inch rounds (note in description), re-roll scraps and cut out more rounds (need an even number of rounds).
- brush each round with beaten egg and then place a large spoonful of apple mixture in center of half of the rounds, top each with a plain round which you have cut a vent in, sealing edges with a fork or your fingers (we used fingers), sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake pies on baking sheets for 20 minutes or until golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I just made these, and they are delicious! I changed the recipe to make 10 total. I used 1 roll out pie crust and actually only ended up with 5 and a little bit of apple left over but not really enough for another pie. I used a large drinking glass to cut the crusts. I do think that the roll out crust is a little thick for this. The only thing I would change is to roll the crust a little thinner. All in all - delicious. I served them (to myself) hot out of the oven with vanilla ice cream. Yum! Thanks for the recipe.
I made these for an appy night...my grandson loved them with whipped cream on top...I served them at room temperature...I did cut the recipe in half and got 7 cute pies...I felt that the filling was enough to fill 14 pies...so keep that in mind when making this...this was very easy to prepare and I will be making them again and freezing my next batch to see how that works...thanks for posting the recipe...=)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>