Million Dollar Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This cake is so moist and delicious just a dusting of powdered sugar will suffice, but butter cream frosting would be a fabulous option.
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup Pepsi
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix all ingredients with a hand mixer on low for 30 seconds, scrape bowl.
- On medium speed mix for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour into a 9x13" greased pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely, then dust with powdered sugar or frost as desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was awesome! I made my own gf cake mix and got 24 terrific muffins out of it - so moist and yummy. Great idea to use ketchup and pepsi in it - I'd never dreamed of doing that, but the result is a unique flavour. Maybe it depends on the cocoa you use - or personal taste - but other than the previous reviewer I found it chocolatey enough.<br/>Thanks for sharing!1Reply
I love to make and bake cakes. Because I live at high altitude I have to add a little more flour and bake longer. I was interested in the ingredients. This was very moist. The flavor was good but<br/>subtle. It tasted like a very moist applesauce cake. I have made tomato soup cakes and mexican chocolate cakes and I would increase the dry cocoa and ketchup and add cinnamon to the mix. Very clever recipe. I think the flavor would pop if these ingredients were used and increased. Thank you.1Reply