Middle Eastern Garlic Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 head garlic
- 1⁄4 cup milk (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (optional)
- 1 slice white bread, crusts removed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Separate garlic into cloves and peel. I simmered the cloves in milk in a small saucepan for 5 minutes to take a little of the bitterness out. Feel free to skip this step if you like.
- Add garlic and remaining ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth. Keeps quite a few days refridgerated in a sealed container. Great with any kind of grilled meat, on sandwiches, with veggies, pizza -- pretty much anything!
- NOTE: I happened to have some cream so I added it, just to give it a bit of extra creaminess. I'm sure it would be just fine without it, as none of the recipes I referred to called for it.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I Love Good Food! And enjoy cooking good meals for friends and family. Learned from both my mom and dad, who were equally skilled in the kitchen -- although my dad has always been the one that can take some ingredients and make up something spectacular.