Mexican Wedding Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I don't why it's called a wedding cake...but that is what my aunt always called it. It is really good. Made it for a girls get-together and everyone wanted the recipe!!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat sugar with eggs. Add pineapple WITH juice; stir to mix.
- Sift flour and baking soda together, add to mix.
- Pour into ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- While cake is baking, make topping.
- Cream together cream cheese, sugar, butter and vanilla* at high speed.
- While cake is warm, not hot, put topping on cake.
- *I always bake with Mexican vanilla, it has a very different taste than regular vanilla extract. Try it and let me know! You will not be disappointed, I promise!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
So far so good. I won't be serving this until Christmas, but it looks and smells yummy! I am wondering, though, if you typically sprinkle the pecans on the top, mix them in with the frosting, or mix them in with the cake? I'm sprinkling them on the top, but you might want to edit the recipe. Thanks!Reply
hello<br/>I have been making this cake for years, - so much so that it's almost my signature dish.<br/>I usually put lemon juice in the icing to cut the sweetness, and use unsweetened pineapple (crushed ) a 600g tin seems to be heaps.<br/>We have always known it as Mexican wedding cake recipe too.<br/>cheers<br/>Lorraine<br/>Lorri14nzReply
see 5 more